Falling flat on your face is a good thing! Didn’t you know that?
When you mess up big enough to make a fool out of yourself it teaches you more than a few things.
- How to laugh at yourself every once in a while.
- That you are in fact human and more than capable of (sometimes extraordinary) failure.
- That you are in fact human and capable of change.
- How to do, whatever it is, better next time.
- What you’re skilled in and in tandem what your not skilled in.
- That it’s okay not to be good at everything.
- How to see yourself for who you really are and be accepting of it.
- Who’s there to pick you back up again.
- Who’s there to push you further down.
- That what makes you a worthy individual has nothing to do with what you can do.
I’m not saying it’s a pleasant, comfortable, or always a fun thing. I am however, saying it’s a worthwhile experience.
It is an excellent deflator of pride, inflator of humility, and equalizer of mankind.
Like I said, falling flat on your face is a good thing.